Privacy Statement1.Collecting personal information –
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
2.Using personal information
- information that you provide to us when using our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing online bookings and enquiry forms (including your name, address, email, phone number(s), vehicle details, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide);
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made with Paynes Garages Ltd. (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
3.Disclosing personal information –
- Meeting the terms of your order;
- Enabling your use our services, including those of our website;
- Supplying services purchased through our website;
- Sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you our periodical email newsletters, service reminders, (if you have requested them)- you can inform us at any time if you no longer require email contact.
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our customers
- Contacting you in the future as advised with Motor Manufacturers and our nominated partner suppliers to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle, and that any policies are maintained and where consent is provided for the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
4.Security of personal information –
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person whom we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Our Dealer Management System stores data on secure servers physically located within the EU. There are extensive security measures in place including both physical and electronic measures. Other security features including (but not limited to the following) : Multi tiered firewalls, user names, passwords, data centre staff background / criminal record checks, threat management
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
7. ICO Registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z5812453
8.Data Protection Officer
–Data Protection issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.orgWEBSITE
Our website is powered by G-Forces Web Management Limited (“GForces”), our third party web services provider.GForces is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure. GForces is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security).GForces uses Amazon Web Services, Inc. as its cloud platform provider. All data processed by GForces is stored on Amazon’s web servers in the EEA.If you visit our website
When someone visits our website, GForces collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). GForces collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services, and provide business intelligence.This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.It is kept indefinitely.
GForces also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our cars and services.This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.It is kept indefinitely.If you use our enquiry forms
When you submit information using an online form, GForces processes the data collected and stores it for 31 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in GForces’ routine back-ups for business continuity purposes).We collect the following information:
Address if applicable
If applicable – vehicle registration number and details
If you enter your post code, GForces stores the first part of it (e.g. ‘ME14’ or ‘SW1’) and links it to standard internet log information already collected (it is used for the same purposes as that information, as outlined above).
WEBSITE DATA PREFERENCE CENTRE:
Under data privacy laws, you have the rights to:
request access to your personal data
request deletion or correction of your personal data
Our online data preference centre available via our website helps you to exercise the rights that data privacy laws give you and control your personal information. It contains four separate forms, as set out below.
See your data
You can ask to see any personal information that we hold (known as a “subject access request”) by submitting the form on the “See your data” tab. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
Delete your data
You can ask us to delete the information we hold about you by completing the form on the “delete your data” tab.
Change your data
If we do hold information about you, you can also ask us to correct any mistakes by completing the form on the “Change your data” tab.
On the “marketing preferences” tab, you can tell us how you would like us to contact you (this includes for reasons such as product safety notices, service reminders, product news etc.), or ask us to stop contacting you entirely.
Any data collected through the data preference centre is stored to allow us to action your request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT PAYNES OF HINCKLEY
The term Paynes Garages Ltd or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Watling Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire. LE10 3ED. Our company registration number is 442329. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. It must be understood that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Paynes Garages Ltd's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Please note that calls to Paynes Garages Ltd may be monitored or recordedTerms & Conditions Relating to the Supply of Goods
Any product supplied to a customer will remain the property of Paynes Garages Ltd until cleared funds have been received in full.